The Minn Kota Maxxum freshwater trolling motors are very popular among tournament boating anglers. These electric bow-mount motors have a proven pedigree and many fishermen agree that it is the Maxxum that helps them to sneak into fishing hot spots. By remaining one step ahead of the competition with the Minn Kota Maxxum they continually have success in fishing tournaments.
- Fishermen benefit by using bow mount electric trolling motor because it is easier to pull rather than push a boat. The bow mounted motors also give quick responsive sideways control.
- The Maxxum Bow-Mount trolling motors are either foot control cable steered or hand steered with a tilt extend tiller. Their reliability and robustness has been tournament tested over the years giving anglers the confidence to buy them.
- Maxxum Minn Kota comes with Bowguard 360 degree. When anglers find themselves in a fishing spot congested with other competitors and there is an accidental collision the patented Bowguard 360 degree will protect both motor and boat. After impact the Bowguard will reset itself so there is no fishing time lost.
Cuts Smothly Through Weed
The Minn Kota Maxxum Trolling Motor has a ultra- responsive cable foot control pedal and comes with an indestructible composite shaft ( lifetime warranty) as well as a weedless wedge 2 prop. The wedge prop will save your time and hassle when making way through those overgrown waterways.
To help give the boater a clear indication of where he is going an illuminated direction indicator has been mounted on the cover.
The hand control motor comes with the Tilt/Extend Tiller making boat control a very simple operation. The tiller can be tilted up to 45 degrees and extended by 6 inches. The hand control model includes a Push-To-Test Battery Gauge so you can get instant state of charge readings.
Available on select models. Getting an electric trolling motor with one has huge benefits:-
- Very efficient. They extend your fishing and boating time up to 5 times
- The variable speed control allows for proper trolling speed being maintained
Points to remember:
- The Minn Kota Maxxum does not have a Universal Sonar (US2) feature.
- The Maxxum Minn Kota can not have Co Pilot because they are designed for cable steer.
Here is a real review from a proud Maxxum owner who tell us how it truly is:
5.0 out of 5 stars
Minn Kota Maxxum 80 Bowguard / Foot 24V Trolling Motor
The MinnKota 80lb bow mount trolling motor is everything I expected and more, and Amazon’s handling of it was excellent. I troll with this MinnKota all day on my batteries (which with my old MotorGuide they did not). 25 to 40mph winds are no problem and I stay staying on point even with my 21′ bass boat.