Are you looking for the best marine battery chargers? Sit back and relax because your search has ended. In this guide, we’re going to talk about some of the unique and innovative battery charges in the industry and what makes them unique. We’ve researched on your behalf so that you can just go ahead and buy a marine charger of your choice without any hassle.
You can count on our review to give you an accurate account of all the products mentioned because we’ve used them ourselves. So, read along to find out the best boat charger for your money.
Best Selling Marine Battery Chargers For Your Boat
NOCO Genius G4 6V/12V 4.4A 4-Bank UltraSafe Smart Battery Charger
Safety and reliability are the two most crucial factors that go into choosing marine battery chargers. With NOCO Genius4 6V/12V 4.4A 4, you get both the aspects and some more! What makes this device stand out from the crowd is the brand value and promise of quality that NOCO brings.
With state-of-the-art technology that delivers a robust performance in record time, we can guarantee that you will more than like this charger. The price is affordable as well, making it come under everyone’s reach. The following section will talk about the main features and benefits of this best battery charger.
Product Features and Specifications
- Charge lithium-ion and lead-acid batteries power up to 40 amp-hours using the A 6V and 12 V 4 bank marine battery charger and maintainer
- Twice as fast as regular chargers thanks to the superior technology that went behind making these batteries
- You can even repair damaged batteries and use it on micro-hybrid vehicles along with CANBUS electrical systems
- Incredibly compact model that should fit right inside your boat without any additional hassle
- Water resistant, impact resistant, and efficiently avoids scratches and damages
- 24/7 battery monitoring to keep the battery safe during charging as well as reduce energy consumption
- Real-time LED indicators that provide you diagnostic details on the fly
- Can efficiently charge and monitor power sport, RV, lawn, and garden, deep cycle batteries
- You get energy savings in addition to better safety and quicker charging
- Comes with an excellent price point that sweetens the deal even more
- Some people have complained about the product not being up to standards
- “Value for money” is arbitrary
MinnKota MK 210D On-Board Boat Battery Charger
Coming second on our list is yet another wonderful product that is no stranger to success in the battery charger industry. MinnKota MK 210D On-Board Battery Charger comes from a company that has a long line up of excellent products that have won hearts the world over. While item may not have all the bells and whistles of the first one, you can still count on it to provide superior performance. It is one of the best onboard marine battery charger which has easily available in the market at very good price range.
Interestingly enough, this model seems to be equally famous as the NOCO product despite being cheaper priced with a lesser number of features. Check them out below!
Product Features and Specifications
- What this rechargeable battery lacks in portability, makes up well up in its charging speed
- Get up to 2X faster charging than standard batteries, in high temperatures
- Comes with easy on-board mounting that eliminates the need for dealing with regular portable chargers
- Offers to charging banks; 5 A per bank
- Get full feedback of the charge state and mode of maintenance through the advanced status codes
- Protects your battery from overcharging at all times thanks to automatic temperature compensation
- It is resistant to vibration, water, and shockproof as well thanks to the aluminum construction
- It is also resistant to corrosion and has been extensively saltwater tested
- Compliant with marine standard 1236, so you don’t have to worry about malfunctioning
- Comes with a relatively quick recovery time of 10 to 12 hours
- Multistage charging and temperature compensation ensures your battery doesn’t overload
- Good value for money, according to the reviews
- Some people complained that the charging speed wasn’t fast enough
- Overheating has remained an issue in few cases
MinnKota MK-105P Portable Battery Charger
Minn Kota is truly a brand that deserves all the recognition it gets, which is why we are including yet another product from the company on our list. The MinnKota MK-105P Portable Marine Battery Charger has impressive specifications that don’t only look on paper but has the properties for the making of an exceptional product.
In addition to the base configurations like three-year warranty and easy installation, this model offers many features that blow its competition out of the water. What’s the icing on the cake? It’s the super affordable price that lies at half of the $ 100 tag.
Product Features and Specifications
- This is a 12 V battery charger that can charge up all sorts of electric motor batteries
- Offers fully automatic to stay the charging; has 1 bank, with 5 A per bank to give you quick results
- No need to worry about problems related to reverse polarity or short circuits as the battery’s durable system protects it from all
- Comes with LED indicator lights that effectively denote charging features in the easiest way possible
- Comparatively more portable than other batteries in the industry
- Available at a super affordable price point that will make you buy the best Minn Kota battery charger right away
- Brand value and reliability of Minn Kota that assures long life
- Every purchase comes with a three-year warranty, so no need to worry
- Competitive pricing puts this battery charger way ahead of others in the same league
- You get what you pay for, so don’t expect remarkable results
- Not suitable for extensive use due to the material quality
Schumacher SSC SpeedCharge 10 Amp Battery Charger and Maintainer
Another popular product that managed to draw our attention is the schumacher marine battery charger. Truth be told, the marine battery charger industry is filled with decent products, but not many that blow one’s socks off. Does this model succeed? Well, our initial impression did beg of us to ask a lot of questions, but we’re happy to report that it did pass our tests.
This rechargeable marine charger has a long line up of incredible features that make it well worth the money. Relax; we aren’t going to suggest you something that puts a hole in your pocket. Read the features to understand.
Product Features and Specifications
- Comes with modern electronic push button that helps you switch between charge rate, display mode, and battery
- You can see the status of battery charge and test results thanks to the digital meter
- System test facilitates diagnosing of problems related to battery and charging system
- 10-amp fast charge system not only adjusts charge rate but monitors battery life at all times
- 2-amp slow charge is useful for charging small batteries are maintaining large batteries in lawn tractors, snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc
- Available at a decent price point to not impose itself as a burden on your budget
- Modern display elements make using the marine charger a breeze
- Perfect for charging a broad range of batteries, available in all sizes
- Gives you peace of mind because it monitors status using advanced technology
- Some people have complained of the battery accessories not fitting properly
- Price might be too steep for some people
NOCO Genius GENM1 4 Amp 1-Bank Waterproof Smart On-Board Battery Charger
Last but not least, NOCO makes a comeback with yet another outstanding product. This time in the form of a 4 Amp 1-Bank Waterproof Smart On-Board Battery Charger. While this model might not be extraordinarily different from the four others we’ve reviewed, it does bring minor interesting changes.
For instance, this battery charger has an advanced recovery mode that repairs damaged areas of batteries to prolong their life and performance. It recovers discharge and sulfated batteries as well. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg; wait till you check out the full specifications of this marine charger.
Product Features and Specifications
- Can charge and maintain almost all kinds of lead-acid based batteries, starting from 20Ah and going all the way up to 120Ah
- Specs are 4 Amp (4 Amp per bank); completely on-board charger for 12 V batteries
- Has been meticulously crafted to prioritize safety and utility above all else
- It does not create sparks and protects against short-circuit, overheating, open-circuit, and reverse battery hook up
- 2X faster charging than standard edition models in the market
- Has a lightweight and compact design to give you unparalleled portability
- The safest boat battery charger you’ll ever use, according to the company
- Temperature controlled, non-igniting batteries for worry-free function
- Able to charge two times faster as standard models in the same price range
- Tough, durable, and carries the brand value of NOCO
- Multilevel safety prevents you from getting into unsafe or abnormal situations
- Some people have complained that the charger didn’t last them long enough
- Has been reported to function erratically in few occasions
Why Install A Marine Battery Charger?
- Faster Charging Cycles
If your battery and charger matches, they would work great together and allow you to charge your battery faster. Most marine battery chargers now allow a quick charging option which lessens the usual charging time or fishing boats by 50 to 60 percent. Thus, be sure to look for a battery system that requires the least amount of charging when buying a new one.
- Hassle-Free Installation
As a safety precaution, always buy a battery and charger from the same brand so you can avoid compatibility issues. This will also allow you to install your marine battery charger in your fishing boat without breaking a sweat. No need to become an electrician, marine battery chargers come with a handy manual and to guide you during the installation. Most shops also offer a complete set of tools for installing a battery charger on fishing boats.
- Longer Battery Life
With the right marine battery charger, you can prolong the life of your battery which usually lasts up to 8 years. This will allow you to charge repeatedly without causing damage to your battery while you’re in the middle of fishing. Charging your battery into a charger with wrong specifications will damage its electrolytes and plates.
Thus, be sure that you will charge your battery at the right charger with the right Amp or Voltage. Compatibility matters a lot if you don’t want to face problems starting from the installation.
- Automatic Charging Cut-Off
Most marine battery chargers that are released on the market today feature an automatic charging cut-off device. This special device allows you to use your battery charger for long hours and worry less about damaging the battery. This device automatically cuts off the amount of charge to your battery preventing it from being overcharged by using a charge indicator. Besides, you don’t necessarily need to fully charge your battery in each cycle.
- Safer Fishing Trip
Knowing that you have the right marine battery charger that is functioning and installed in your boat, you can rest assured that your fishing trip is safer. The chance of experiencing a marine battery failure is small if your boat battery is fully charged properly.
What Size of Marine Battery Charger to Install?
Other boaters may not be that open when it comes to the topic of battery power but believe it or not, it is a serious matter if you opt to keep fishing accessories handy. Most importantly, you need enough battery to keep your engine running and a reliable torch to help you around. So if you want to create a satisfying fishing trip without worrying much about your charging needs, then bring a marine battery and a charger with you.
You’ll never know when you will need one so better act as a scout by bringing the right battery charger depending on the size of your battery. Your marine battery charger should also match whether your boat has an intermittently or continuous source of AC power to keep your charger running. For instance, if your fishing boat spends more time at a dock and connected to the shore power then a smaller battery charger would do.
But if you bring your fishing boat regularly, you need a bigger charger since you need enough battery capacity to keep battery system running.
How To Charge a Marine Battery The Right Way
Battery power is one of the most puzzling topics to many boat owners, but it essential for running accessories and lights as well as starting engines also. These important requirements encourage boaters to ensure that their marine battery is fully charged before going to their work. Charging your marine battery is not a daunting task because this guide makes the task simpler and quicker. The following passage brings boaters a fantastic chance to know about potential pitfalls that will result in harm to your marine battery. Some of the drawbacks not only create some damages but also reduce the charging ability of marine battery.
Now, many marine batteries come with AGM technology that does not require ongoing maintenance. They also charge fast to enhance your charging experience. Though, these batteries are also having more possibilities to damage easily. Overcharging is the main reason to the permanent damage of marine batteries, so you can prevent them by knowing the right way to charge your marine battery.
It is always smart to check your marine battery before charging. In fact, the marine batteries are fixed in the hard-to-reach and dark positions with a boat. This position makes it mandatory for checking and cleaning the marine battery before charging it.
Initially, you can locate the marine battery within a boat. When you take away your battery container form the place in that it is placed, locate your battery switch for turning off. It will increase your safety throughout the entire process, including charging, checking and cleaning.
Another important step is to open the cover of your battery box to check both the connections and terminals of a battery. If you find the signs of corrosion or dirt on its terminals, you need to clean your battery immediately.
Connect your marine battery to the charger
It is beneficial to ensure your battery of corrosion free and clean before charging your battery. You need to use the right type of charger for your marine battery. The smart chargers are perfect chargers for your deep cycle and dual purpose batteries. These kinds of chargers are designed uniquely for charging the battery based on its chemistry and temperature.
Once you select the battery charger, you can connect it to your battery terminals. If you plug any dumb charger into your battery, it will charge your battery, but with the risk of permanent damage to your battery. Instead of using any inconvenient charger, you can use the smarter charger which will bring energy to your battery in 3 phases that includes:
- Float phase
- Bulk phase
- Acceptance phase
The efficient charging method not only increases the charging level but also prevents the damages to any internal components of your marine battery. It is highly recommended to buy and use the smart chargers because they are affordable and will increase the durability of the marine battery.
Charging your battery
If you have the best kind of charger, you can connect its clips to your battery terminals. After that, you can turn on a battery charger as well as let your battery to safely charge.
Some chargers come with modifiable charging settings, so you should read both the manuals of your battery and charger. The correct understanding will aid you in charging the marine battery in an effective manner.
The charger has some unique features to manage the overall process. When you use the smarter chargers, you can see its LED monitor for seeing the charging percentage of battery. The charging devices will modify its charging mode while they move through the float, bulk and acceptance phases.
In short, using the smart chargers is a safe way to charge your marine battery. Furthermore, a smart charger increases the possibility of preventing the risk of battery damage because of overcharging. For acquiring the benefits, you can replace the existing charger by a smart charging device.
Unplug your charger
You can turn off your charger and remove its clips from your battery terminals, once your battery is charged completely. You can cover your battery box and ensure that the marine battery is placed in a proper position.
Aside from installing the right marine battery charger in your fishing boat, looking for handy features like a charge indicator can help you monitor your battery system better. Thus, you can take care of your boat’s batteries better and benefit from it for a longer time. In the long run, you can save a lot of costs when it comes to your boat’s battery system.
And that’s it! These 5 are our favorites when it comes to the good marine battery chargers. Now that you know about their features and benefits get yourself one right away. There is simply no way you can go wrong with any of these because their uniqueness is what makes them. Add more life to your battery now before the stocks run out.
Whether you are a beginner or a pro when it comes to fishing, you ought to bring a safety gear with you on your fishing boat. In addition, you should also bring other necessary things that you have to use in fishing including a decent marine battery charger to help you achieve a successful fishing trip. For instance, other occasional fishermen who bring small boats like to fish even without a motor as long as they have all the necessary fishing gears.
But if you want to be a real professional fisherman, you need more time, motor, and battery to reach a more distant area. However, what others don’t know is that a fishing boat doesn’t just need a motor and battery. Every fishing boat like yours needs the best marine battery charger to last longer in the water.