People who love fishing always try to avoid spooking the fish and this can be done with the help of a best trolling motor. It is nothing but a self-contained unit comprising an electric motor along with a propeller and other controls. Trolling motors are usually available in 12, 24 and 36- volt configurations and their power output are measured in terms of thrust. These motors usually make use of electricity for power that is derived from the batteries installed on the boat itself.
The history of an electric trolling motor dates back to 1934 when O.G.Schmidt invented it in Fargo, North Dakota. Today, trolling motors are in huge demand among fishermen as well as those who enjoy fishing as sport or pastime. While choosing a trolling motor, one must be aware of its voltage capacity, propelling power, shaft length, and a few other factors. So, if you have serious plans for quality fishing, go for a trolling boat motor today with no second thoughts.
Our Top Rated Trolling Motor Reviews
Minn Kota Endura C2 30 Freshwater Transom Mount Trolling Motor
If there are trolling motors that have undergone major advancements in the last few years, the ones from Minn Kota should certainly be counted in the list. Have a look at Minn Kota Endura C2 30 that is a freshwater trolling motor and comes with a transom mount. This 12 volt trolling motor comes equipped with a 30-inch shaft along with a thrust level of 30 that keeps it high on power. While steering, one would find its compact, 6-inch telescoping handle to be quite comfortable.It has been designed ergonomically so as to ease the driver with the speed controls. With a promise to move quietly on the waters, Minn Kota Trolling Motor Endura C2 30 is any day a smart bet for fishing freaks.
Features and Specifications:
- Comes with a telescoping handle that measures 6 inches and is quite comfortable for steering
- Has a 10-position bracket that is equipped with a lever lock for quick release
- The 10-position bracket has a composite material that keeps it away from UV damage
- Has different speed settings that include 3-reverse and 5-forward speed settings
- Built with more power to move smoothly through dense vegetation due to Power Prop
- The engine is cooler in comparison to other engines
- Exclusive bearing system that lessens friction and noise as well
- Has a very powerful shaft that is equivalent to being indestructible
- Makes steering quite effortless for its ergonomic handle
- Light in weight as it weighs only 17 pounds
- A rock-solid mount provided by the lever lock bracket
- Battery capacity is not good and drains off in no time
- Reverse gear is not so effective and cause problems while steering
Newport Vessels 55 Pound Thrust 8 Speed Electric Trolling Motor
A trolling boat that can serve a plethora of purposes and is high on versatility should always be a premium choice for anyone willing to do fishing in tranquility. The 55-pound kayak electric trolling motor from Newport Vessels comes with sensational features so as to let one fish for long hours with no chances of overheating. Designed to let one enjoy saltwater boating, this trolling motor assures a noise-free operation along with multiple speed settings. What will let the user stay easy with the controls is its 3-reverse speed and 5-forward speed. Its 30-inch shaft is made of composite fiberglass that makes it absolutely durable. This trolling motor from the NV series also has a 5-point LED battery meter thttps://www.trollingbatteryadvisor.com/best-trolling-motor-for-kayak/hat will provide instant power when required. Being pocket-friendly, it is no doubt a great consideration for saltwater fishing lovers.
Features and Specifications:
- Equipped with a thrust power of 55 pounds that prove its power and might
- Has an aluminum head along with a 6-inch ergonomic handle that makes it easier for one to handle the controls
- Has a 30-inch shaft that is made of composite fiberglass, making it durable
- Powered by 3-reverse speeds and 5-forward speed
- Ideal for freshwater as well as saltwater conditions as its hardware is made of good quality stainless steel
- Operates at 9 miles per hour with almost no sound
- Has an LED battery indicator
- Operates for long hours and does not overheat
- Does not weigh heavy at all and can be carried easily to places
- Ideal for all types of small boats like canoes, kayaks, and dinghies
- Motor head is quite durable as it is made of aluminum
- Screws and nuts fitted in the motor start rusting in no time
- No speed indications are given that makes it difficult to identify the right speed
MinnKota Powerdrive 45 V2 Bow Mount Trolling Motor with Foot Control
The happiest thing about a trolling motor is its foot controls, and the MinnKota Powerdrive V2 will leave you impressed in this respect. Well, what else a trolling motorman at the steering can wish other than ergonomically designed foot pedals? With a shaft of unmatched durability, this trolling motor looks technologically enriched with a digital maximizer. Moreover, this 12-volt motor has a 45 lbs thrust and a 48-inch shaft. With a bow mount, it does not take much time to set up. For hassle-free deployment, a deploy-assist lever has been provided. With momentary On/Off feature, this high-tech trolling motor will certainly prove to be a wise investment.
Features and Specifications:
- Maximum thrust power of 45 lbs makes it perform with more efficiency
- Ideal for freshwater use and takes a minimum of 12 volts to operate
- Shaft is 48 inches long and is composite that will neither corrode nor break
- Holds the ability to move through heavy vegetation for having Power Prop
- Compact in size as it measures 15.8 x 7.9 x 59.8 inches
- Light in weight and quite portable
- Optimizes power for strengthening battery life due to its Digital Maximizer Technology
- Has an electric foot pedal as well as steering control
- Very sturdy and durable
- Takes no time and effort to install
- An 18-foot long cord is included that makes it convenient for electrical connections
- Operates very smoothly and without any noise
- Very easy on the pocket in comparison to other motors
- Issues crop up steering often
- Foot pedal not so strong and flexible
- Lack of maintenance will affect its operation
Minn Kota Riptide 55 SP Saltwater Bow Mount Trolling Motor with CoPilot
If GPS trolling capabilities are what you have been looking for in a trolling motor, Minn Kota Riptide 55 is the one you should go for. With one step up from the Riptide SM series, the Riptide PowerDrive series brings most powerful trolling motors with GPS remote control systems. Perfect for small, medium and other fishing boats, this trolling motor has 55 lbs thrust and 48-inch thrust. Weighing 43 pounds, this new-age motor also comes a built-in battery gauge, a Bluetooth smartphone app, a composite shaft, a digital maximizer and varying speed settings. It is indeed a high-tech motor that also includes a heading sensor, making one to jog in any direction. Smart and innovative, Minn Kota Riptide 55 trolling motor is worth every penny.
Features and Specifications:
- Comes with a bow mount that makes it easier for installation
- Has a composite shaft that scores high on longevity as it will not break, no matter under what circumstance
- Has a new deploy-assist lever for better functioning
- Foot pedal is modernized with a new design
- Digital Maximizer is included for generating more power and improving battery life
- Meant for both saltwater and freshwater fishing
- Powered by multiple speed settings that make it convenient for the boatman to steer
- GPS powered and comes equipped with heading sensor
- Comes with a corded foot pedal that makes it easier to operate
- Has a push to test battery meter that determines its capacity operate
- Its composite shaft is so strong that it can be called indestructible
- Poor packaging of the product while stowing and unstowing
- A bit noisy while taking the turns
Intex Trolling Motor for Intex Inflatable Boats, 36″ Shaft
Here comes a remarkable trolling motor from the house of Intex that will now take your boating experience to a whole new level. With this amazing motor, you are going to have the most flexible operating controls supported by five forward speeds and three reverse speeds. Moreover, the control handle can be adjusted up to 6 inches and can be slanted up to eight positions. The control panel is just outstanding with Overload indicators, Dry Operation, Battery Meter and also the Weed Escape control button. If you are planning for saltwater or freshwater boating, this powerhouse from Intex will indubitably meet your purpose.
Features and Specifications:
- Suitable for boats like Seahawk II, Intex Challenger 3 and Mariner ¾
- Controls are easy and adjustable with 3 reverse speeds and 5 forward speeds
- The 6-inch control handle can be adjusted and it can be tilted up to eight positions
- Requires a power of 420W and 12 volts DC
- Needs a maximum thrust of 40 lbs
- Very easy to install and takes no time
- Has a shaft length of 36 inches
- Comes with battery cables and mounting bracket that can be adjusted
- Operates with no sound
- Helps the boat to glide smoothly on the waters
- Does not make any noise while moving on the waters
- Controls are quite easy that makes steering hassle-free
- Handle is adjustable up and down to multiple angles
- Propeller does not work effectively on the water
- Overheating issues crop up when the motor runs
- Lower tilt button is not strong enough
Newport Vessels NV-Series 36 lb. Saltwater Transom Mounted Trolling Motor
If you are a boatman looking for that right saltwater trolling motor that would run long and take smaller workloads with ease, the electric trolling motor from Newport Vessels will certainly leave you with a big smile. Low in price, this transom-mount motor gets a tick on both its performance and reliability. Furthermore, a lot of users have expressed happiness about its ability to meet varying purposes. Built with premium quality materials, it is no doubt sturdy and supports a trendy design as well. Its 30-inch shaft is completely adjustable and is best for kayaks, fishing boats and transom-enabled inflatables as well. So, just keep aide all your perplexities and invest with confidence in this 8-speed control trolling motor.
Features and Specifications:
- Motor is quite compact in shape as it has dimensions of 18 x 5 x 34 inches
- Quite portable as it weighs only 18 pounds and is best for kayaks, canoes and other small fishing boats
- Requires a minimum of 12 volts to run and has a thrust power of 36 lbs
- Its shaft has a length of 30 inches and is non-corrosive as well as indestructible
- Comes equipped with a 6-inch ergonomic handle made of aluminum and makes control easier
- Ideal for those who are looking for saltwater fishing
- Multiple speed settings make it advantageous for the controls
- Comes with an LED light indicator that will show battery status
- High on durability with a strong motorhead
- Steering is extremely comfortable
- Light in head and quite portable
- Speed is very slow and therefore moves at a low pace
- Reverse speed is not consistent that makes the operation often directionless
Outsunny 12V Transom Mounted 50-Pound Thrust Electric Fishing Boat Trolling Motor
Are you all set to hit the open sea and have fun with your fishing gear? Here comes a rock solid electric trolling motor from the house of Outsunny. This 12-volt fishing motor offers up to a thrust of 50 pounds and can cruise off with almost no sound through both saltwater and freshwater. This easy to attach motor comes with three reverse speed and five speeds in forward. The motor can be even mounted in ten different positions owing to the lever lock bracket, which makes installation a lot easier. Equipped with a sturdy metal head and a composite shaft, this trolling motor is just brilliant to take you safely in all water conditions.
Features and Specifications:
- Comes equipped with a metal head that adds immense support to it
- Supported by a composite shaft that is highly durable
- Holds the power to run at 564 W and has a maximum thrust of 50 lbs
- Runs at a maximum speed of 6.5 km/hr
- Has an input voltage of 12 volts
- Holds the capacity to take 5 to 7 people at a time
- Telescopic handle of 6 inches is completely adjustable
- Battery cables provided that measures 4.6 inches in length
- Steering controls are good with multiple speed settings
- Can be mounted to ten different positions owing to the lever lock bracket provided
- Built with sturdy materials, making it safe and strong enough for fishing on seas
- Quality of plastic mount is not good
- Not much affordable like other trolling motors
Into Electric Motors? Here’s What To Look for When Buying One
With absolute control you can now reach those previously inaccessible areas, silently, adding more enjoyment and fish for the adventurous angler. Get into the optimum position while having complete control of your boat.
Here’s what to look for when selecting your trolling motor, whether for fishing or leisure.
- Saltwater or Freshwater
You can not use a fresh water motor in salt water conditions.
- Bow Mount or Transom Mount
For canoes and boats less than 12ft in length a transom motor is what you need. These motors work great because that’s what they are designed for. Any boat over 14ft, a bow- mount motor is the correct way to go as it will give you superior maneuverability and control. Bow-mount motors pull your boat through the water as opposed to pushing with a transom mount motor.
- The shaft length depends on the height of your boats bow or stern above the water. Also remember to allow for extra length if your boat has a deep v hull.
- Keep in mind that if the shaft chosen is too long, shallow water can pose problems. Also if the shaft is to short it will struggle in choppy wave conditions ie. the propeller not getting enough bite in the water.
- Let the motor submerge about 9” for a transom mount. Standard shaft lengths should fit any boat.
- Bow mount motors require a little more attention. Measure the distance from the mounting surface to the water. Then add 5” for fishing in rough water or 12” if you steer a hand control while standing.
Transom to Waterline in inches Recommended Shaft Length in inches
22”-28” 48”- 52”
28”-34” 54”- 62”
How much Thrust
Ask any professional what their advice would be when deciding what size motor to buy and they will most likely tell you “get the biggest motor you can afford’. However overpowering your boat also has its disadvantages so choose wisely. Factors that should influence your decision are, the weight and length of the boat, do you operate in rough water or windy conditions and also the number of people normally on boat.
A rough guide is that for a 12 foot boat – 30 pounds of thrust works great, and then working your way up to a 24 foot long boat – 100 pounds of thrust will be required.
If you buy good quality deep-cycle marine batteries and look after them correctly they should last up to 5 years. For hassle free motoring get the best that you can afford. Deep cycle lead acid batteries have thicker plates to allow a steady low rate of discharge and recharge cycle, compared to a start battery which is made purely to deliver high current for a few seconds to start an engine. It is important to get a good quality Three Stage Charger for charging your battery to its full capacity.
The electric trolling motors come in 12, 24 and 36 volt models. You will need 2 x 12 volt batteries for a 24 volt power system and 3 x 12 volt batteries for a 36 volt system. I strongly recommend that you install a good quality circuit breaker in line to protect your wires from possible over heating thereby protecting your motor and boat from an electric fire. Before buying your battery go to a battery specialist in your area for some good advice. Seeing the battery will help you decide where and how best to store them on your boat.
For boats that are less than 15 foot in length a 12 volt high thrust model will be more than adequate. For longer boats you should consider a 24 volt or even a 36 volt system.
Depending on make and model, you can upgrade your motor with auto pilot, co pilot and i-Pilot GPS technology. These added features enhance the overall boating experience helping you to do what you do best – CATCH MORE FISH.
How to Choose the Best Trolling Motor?
If you are willing to have a pleasant experience in fishing, you must know that those little creatures prefer staying miles away from the world of chaos. To enjoy fishing to its core, you, therefore, need to take soundless strategies, and taking a trolling motor boat is certainly one of those. Imagine those gas-powered boats that make such terrible sounds, and fishing then would result in a mess. So, why scare off the fish when you know that even a little vibration can be bad? So, what you need is to choose the good trolling motor that would let you enjoy fishing like you had never done it.
Now, when it comes to choosing a trolling motor, it might seem to be a little tricky. In fact, it might require you to have a little scientific knowledge. However, you can always talk to an expert and proceed. But the following considerations will assist you to a good extent in choosing the perfect trolling motor. Take a look:
- Check the voltage –
Every boat owner must be aware of how much battery power should be required by the trolling motor he/she is going to install. Well, this depends on the boat size. Fishing boats that are large in size should actually use a 24-volt or a 36 volt trolling motor. Similarly, if you have a kayak or a canoe, a 12-volt trolling motor will be great.
- Check the propelling power –
Measuring the propelling power of the motor is equivalent to measuring the thrust. So, the craft needs to be big if you want more amount of thrust from your trolling motor. Experts suggest that a thrust of 5 pounds is required if it needs to weigh a boat of 200 pounds.
- Check the length of the shaft –
Determining the shaft length of the trolling motor is also very important. The shorter the boat, the shorter the shaft. Similarly, if you are having a boat of a large size, you need to have a larger shaft. In order to ensure that you are having the right motor length to fit your boat, just add eighteen inches and you will have an accurate measurement.
- Check mount support –
There are two types of mounts upon which a trolling motor is installed – Bow and Transom. While a bow mount is installed in front of the boat, a transom rests right on the stern. Now, if your boat is a bit large, you need to go with a bow mount that will result in more maneuverability. While a smaller craft like a dinghy or a kayak should always go for a transom.
- Check how your trolling motor operates –
A hands-free experience is always welcome for a boatman if he chooses a foot controlled trolling motor boat. However, the trolling motors are basically hand-controlled while the more advanced ones come with both hand and foot operating controls. Well, if savings are on your mind, go for a hand-controlled trolling motor. But if you don’t care spending much, a boat with foot operated pedals can always be yours.
When you plan to go for fishing, make sure that you have a good trolling motor with battery. When the motor stops in the middle of the sea, a good battery with trolling motor can save you. So, how do I get a good trolling motor battery? There are a lot of things that you need to consider. Today, we list seven important factors to be considered before buying a trolling motor battery.
- Battery size and weight:
If you have a bigger boat then the weight or size of the battery doesn’t matter. But if you have a smaller boat then look for a smaller trolling motor battery. Because heavy weight trolling motor battery can sink your small boat. You can look for a battery that weights average around 40 pounds. Also, consider the area of the boat so that the battery perfectly sits in the boat.
- Vibration resistance:
Most of the people ignore this factor while buying a battery which is considered most important. Fishing boats usually travel in a violent and rough water. Therefore fishing boats are prone to vibration. The extreme vibration in the boat can often harm the performance of the battery. There is a wide range of batteries available in the market that are vibration resistant. Try to find such one so that your battery is not harmed and also have a longer performance.
- Reserve capacity:
Reserve capacity/ hours per charge resembles the length of the working time of the battery. If you are planning for longer fishing trips then probably you need a battery with higher capacity that can work for a longer time per charge. So how to find the right capacity for your motor? Reserve capacity depends upon the amps required by the trolling motor to run your boat. For example, a battery with 180 RC minutes which runs with 25 amp trolling motor can run for 3 hours. Therefore the run-time depends upon the power required by the trolling motor. As per your regular fishing time choose the best battery that can match your time. Check for the customer reviews who have earlier used the product. Remember, for a deepwater fishing you need a with a high amp hour rating in the battery.
There are many brands available in the market and some of them look quite similar. Therefore going for a well-known brand is always preferable. Choosing a branded battery can have an uninterrupted and efficient performance for long period of time. Branded batteries also come with warranty period, so that you can replace them with no cost. Look for popular brands such as Minn Kota, Optima, Vmax Tanks and etc. Choosing a non-branded battery can waste your money.
Price is the common factor to consider before buying any product. Batteries are available in many price ranges based on their inbuilt features. Therefore it is important to note whether your preferred battery fits within your budget. Also, check the price of the preferred batteries offered by other sellers. If you are a better bargainer, then you pocket some more money.
- Lifespan/ Durability:
While buying your trolling motor battery, try to make sure that the battery has a longer lifespan. Normally the warranty period does not cover the whole lifespan. Therefore ask the dealer about the life of the battery or check with the customer reviews available online. Good maintenance of the battery can have a longer battery life. Buying a battery with less lifespan is an utter waste of money.
- Motor type:
You can help choosing the right type of battery based on the type of motor that you use. Fishing boats with long trolling motor require a long powered battery. It provides sufficient amp power and RC and is also durable which can be a better choice for fishing. But if the trolling motor needs specified power requirements to kick-start the boat then go for combined or hybrid battery model which helps to start the motor and can also be used as a deep cycle battery.
The best part of fishing is that you buy the right equipment. By considering the above points choose the right trolling motor battery as per your requirements and have a better fishing experience.
Benefits of Using Right Trolling Motor
According to boatmen, if you already have a gas-powered boat, you will then only find a trolling motor boat heavenly. Designed exclusively to let people fish, trolling motors are quiet and serve the purpose correctly. The trendy ones rather come with such outstanding built-in features that saltwater fishing will seem to be the most enjoyable sport on earth. Besides, there are numerous reasons why owning a trolling is highly advantageous. Let’s have a look:
- Silence dominates on the waters –
Indeed, a big reason why trolling motors are a favorite among fishermen and boatmen is their ability to glide with no sound through the waters. These motors are so advanced that they not only help propel boats with efficiency but also stay away from those unwanted vibrations. So, fishing is certainly going to be enjoyable on trolling motors.
- Installation involves no hassles –
Another big advantage of a trolling motor is that it is absolutely light in weight. Moreover, when it comes to installation, it neither needs time nor too much effort in doing so. What one needs is to choose between bow and transom mount on which the boat is to be installed. Depending on the size of the boat, the installation needs to be done.
- Variety is huge to choose from –
What’s good about trolling motors is that they are available in different forms. To be precise, they are chosen as per their shaft lengths, battery power,and thrust levels. So, once you are aware of each and every aspect of your boat, it will be easier for you to pick the right model. In fact, there are different trolling motors available as per different environmental situations. Once you are aware of your sailing conditions, it will be easier for you to make the right choice.
- Does stealth fishing with accuracy –
Till date if you had always faced problems in reaching those fishing hot spots, scaring those watery creatures and ending up in disappointment, trolling motors would just do the opposite. These are ideal to help you reach those impossible areas of the fishing territory without letting the fish know about your presence. No matter how shallow or deep the water is, trolling motor would smartly get the trick done.
- Steering is smooth and fun –
Boating turns entertaining when you know that you can steer well off the waters. While taking those turns, the boatmen need to be aware of how sensitive are the controls. Trolling motors in this respect are outstanding as the modern ones have both hand and foot steering. Nowadays, those who are into fishing, prefer boats with foot steering that are far better and convenient than those having hand-steering controls. For the foot steering controls, riding a trolling motor becomes easier and fun.
So, there is hardly anything to leave you scratching your forehead for buying a trolling motor, isn’t it? Just make sure you know everything about your boat and then proceed to get that most reliable trolling motor. Happy Fishing!!
So, your mind has now a fishing plan, isn’t it? Take the next step by getting a high-quality trolling motor that would perfectly meet your boat requirements. If you have a budget in mind, you can always bring multiple trolling motors into comparison, analyze the reviews and pick the right one. Just check if your boat is good enough for fishing and then you can start chalking out the requirements of a trolling motor. Make sure not to mess up with the shaft length and the mount considerations. Whether your boat is small or big, a best trolling motor would lend it a new life on the waters and gift you some unmatched fishing sessions you had always craved for with your loved ones.
How Does a Trolling Motor Work?
A trolling motor is en electric motor with propeller and controls. Trolling motors are obtainable for both freshwater and saltwater fishing. It can be mounted on three different places i.e. on the transom, on the bow and on the engine itself. A trolling motor simply operates on the principle of electromagnetic induction.
Before discussing about how it works, let us discuss the different parts of trolling motor.
Parts of Trolling Motor
A trolling motor has the following parts:
- Motor– It is the main part of the trolling motor involved in driving the boat.
- Propeller– It is fan like component, attached to the motor.
- Shaft- It is a long stem having the controls.
- Controls– foot pedal, hand tiller or remote control
- Power leads with terminal ring battery connectors.
- Batteries – 12 volts, 24 volts and 36 volts batteries are used depending on the voltage of the trolling motor.
- Terminal Ends – Used as battery connectors to attach on motor power leads of the battery.
- Battery Charger – It is required to refresh the trolling motor batteries after use.
Mounting A Trolling Motor
Trolling motor can be mounted on the transom by the given process.
- The clamps of mounting brackets are opened. These motors have 1 or 2 clamps present in the mounting brackets used to hold the motor in place.
- The motor is slipped over the center of transom or stern.
- The clamps are turned clockwise as far as they go. It should be properly fastened so that the motor won’t loose open when in use.
Click Here to read more information on Best Trolling Motors
Working Of Trolling Motor
- The battery connectors are when connected to the battery, the current start passing through the wires and it goes to the tiller.
- It helps in controlling the speed and steering of the motor.
- Foot panel comes directly after the battery connectors. The foot, speed and steer controls are in the foot panel.
- The trolling motor is mounted on the boat by using the mounting mechanism.
- The wires reach the motor, lining up to the shaft, which provides a depth to the motor.
- When the current is put on, it reaches the motor. The motor starts rotating due to the magnetic effect of the current on the coil.
- As a result of the magnetic effect of the current, the motor starts to rotate. Hence, the propeller which is connected to the motor also starts rotating.
- The rotation of the propeller produces thrust. The thrust then helps the boat to move in the direction in which it is steered.
- By giving the accurate amount of charge, the speed of the motor can be controlled. It can be regulated by the controllers.
- The coil present in the motor has current and is placed between magnets having north and south poles. It produces a magnetic effect. As a result of this the motor rotates.
- The motor keeps on rotating until the connection is disturbed.
So this is the process in which a trolling motor works alongside their batteries. The principle of operation is based on electromagnetic induction. This working process is just the improvement of the old process to increase performance of the trolling motor and get the best out of it.
Trolling Motor Troubleshooting Tips
Trolling Motor is the complete line of electric-powered motors used normally in the Fishing Boats for moving around. The gasoline-powered motor is much simpler to operate and reach more distance at great speed. However, there could also troubleshoot problems that are caused by the electrical motors, engine parts, bad batteries and many others in much more complicated manner. Here are some of the Trolling Motor Troubleshooting issues that are common and know the tips for solving the issues.
Trolling Motor Fails To Start:
When the Trolling Motor fails to run, it would be a difficult situation on your fishing trip. Knowing the cause of the problem is the most important aspects as it is efficient to solve in much easier way. Check out these tips to resolve your engine starting problem.
- Fuse or circuit breaker in the Trolling Motor could be dry so you need to make sure that it works properly
- Replace the switches or fuse that could have already blow up
- Check out the plug for bad or loose connection
- Fix plug properly
- Each and every connection in the trolling motor must be thoroughly checked in case of any loose wiring due to corrosion.
- Clean the corrosion and the fix electrical
- Check the Propeller and it needs to rotate freely
- Check main rotary switch in Trolling Motor
- Replace or Fix the rotary switches
- Check if any total battery failure and you need to recharge with appropriate voltage level.
Excessive Noise And Vibrations In The Trolling Motor:
Sometimes, the Trolling Motor could create more noise and vibration while turned ON. Of course, it could be quite annoying when riding the boat. Excessive noise and vibrations could be much harmful to the batteries on-board. When you face these problems, then you need to check on the exact cause of the problem to solve it.
Trolling Motors could be the most complicated device in the technical unit and it is possible to face many technical problems. The problematic trolling motor could be very difficult to handle so particular units need to be replaced accordingly. In order to fix problems, you need to understand the important parts of the best trolling motor and it is prominent to know some troubleshooting tricks.
When Trolling Motor does not have enough power to charge with ample capacity of the battery, then it could easily create the problem. The Trolling Motor could not be able to get the required thrust of charge. A possible cause would be propeller so it needs to be cleaned and removed. Propeller needs to be replaced when particularly bad. Battery voltage could be very low so you need to fix the problem when the battery is fully charged. Corroded battery connections could be the main cause so you need to clean the terminals and posts thoroughly.
Difficulty In Rotating The Foot Pedal:
Trolling motors with the mechanical steer models are designed with the foot pedals for controlling motors. Most of the users are facing problems with controlling motor and turning foot pedal.
- The outer tube could be bent or bind against column. You need to check on the bend and straighten it.
- Broken or the displaced bearings could also cause severe problems so you need to fix or replace it
- Cable needs be replaced when worn out
- Foreign matters could also jam the rack so you need to remove the rack and clean then grease it before use
Motor Fails To Run Above Certain Speeds:
When the Trolling Motors reaches the certain speed, then it could decrease performance abundantly. There could be bigger problem or minor inconvenience that stops the speeding of the trolling motor
- Loose wiring on rotary switch could be a cause for the problem
- Check on wiring blueprint and adjust correctly
- Loose connection in top housing could be an option and they need to be fixed
- Damages in the Main Rotary Switches of Trolling Motor also causes the problem so it needs to be replaced accordingly
The user needs to know all Trolling Motor maintenance techniques so that it would be a great option for increasing the durability and power of the motor.
- When Trolling Motor is used each day, check out propeller for any kind of fishing line, weeds, or any debris could be wrapped around
- Check out all pivot points to lubricate using non-aerosol lubricant